One thing that iTunes does is backup the files you have on your device. It automatically backs up your messages, pictures, settings, games, documents and other data. However there are times when problems arise when you are looking for the files you backed up in iTunes. Sometimes users encounter glitches when they try to view iTunes backup. Notifications such as “backup session failed”, “unable to restore from this backup”, “cannot copy: Data error”, “iTunes could not restore this iPhone (or any Apple device) because the backup session failed”, and “iPhone (or any Apple device) refused the request” are indications of iTunes backup problem.
Although these things may happen and you may have problems on how to view iTunes backup there are still solutions to these. Here are some of the simple solutions that you can do on how to find iTunes backup:
- Manually look for the backup. You can view iTunes backup on a specific file location on your computer if you are looking for your backup. Here are where you can find the files:
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings(username)Application DataApple ComputerMobileSyncBackupNote: To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: Users(username)AppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup
- Update your iTunes software. One of the reasons on why you can’t view iTunes backup is because your software is out dated. This problem can be solved by simply upgrading your iTunes. If you are using a Mac computer you can simply go to iTunes and check for updates. For Windows computers go to the help section and check for updates.
- Use a software to look for the iTunes backup. There are times that the question on how to find iTunes backup can be answered by using a software. There are several software that can be used to view iTunes backup. One of such is the Wondershare Data Recovery for iTunes.
How to find iTunes backup using Wondershare Data Recovery for iTunes software
You can download any of the Wondershare Data Recovery for iTunes software. There is the trial version, which you can use for free but does not have all the features that is present in the paid version. The paid version is not so expensive at $59.95.
To use the Wondershare Data Recovery for iTunes software to view iTunes backup what you need to do is to install the software on your computer. The next thing you do is to scan your computer. Then when the scan is complete you can proceed to view the iTunes backup.
There are also other software that you can use to view iTunes backup but Wondershare is one of the best among it all.