In the age of digitalization and technological growth, human life is experiencing changes every now and then. Video conferencing is one such technological tool that has boosted information and communication technology beyond the geographical limits. Now, one does not have to travel places and cover distances for a meeting for discussing something very important. The development of the video technology has changed the corporate and social life style immensely. The installation of cloud computing has also intensified the use of video conferencing among the users.
Video conferencing and Cloud technology go hand in hand
Cloud based video conferencing has improvised the entire process as it is a smoother and cheaper method for getting connected in a live manner. As the video conferencing industry is growing, the corporate sector is trying to amalgamate everything within the cloud. As a new ICT tool fixed with exciting new features, video conferencing has created an aura around the social and the corporate agencies to improve their communications process. Here are some reasons that describe the necessity of a cloud based video conferencing system.
- Reduction of upfront expenses: The IT sector, being the most exhorting and involving support service for the corporate industry, is facing challenges in terms of reducing the operational expenses of their clients. Video conferencing is one such technology that needs huge investment and its existence cannot be compromised. Thus, cloud based video conferencing contributes towards reducing the operational costs of the firm.
- Develops flexibility: With the growing competition and tough economic circumstances, the business needs and environments are changing continuously. In situations, the firms have to conduct urgent meetings with their associates and partners via video conferencing. Cloud based video conferencing is less time consuming and can be effectively handled by the IT support companies like Cisco, Blue Jeans, etc.
- Enhances clarity: Supporting video conferencing requires new systems to be developed and new hardware to be installed in the organizational servers or databases. Moreover, the IT team has to be trained for handling the systems which saves consumers’ precious time, money and resources. Video conferencing with the cloud services allows organizations to operate smoothly without any complications.
- Can be used in wide range of devices: The services of video conferencing have taken an upturn with the introduction of new devices into the market that supports video conferencing. The beginning of the smart phones era, (all of which come equipped with the Android OS) is increasing the trends of video conferencing. However, the corporate houses cannot stay updated about all these devices and need to regularly install and update them. Thus, the business houses have to grant the responsibility of upgrading and supporting video services to a cloud provider.
- Ensure exchange of information and communications over a large area in a heterogeneous network: Normal procedure of video conferencing is often irritating and lacks communication facilities because of the inappropriate support systems. The issues of interoperability hampers the business process; big organizations like HP, Polycom, Microsoft and some others have developed a forum called Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCI) to resolve the issues. However, other big players in the market are getting involved in the process of cloud video conferencing to smooth out their ICT processes.
The author, Zack Skye, is a flourishing businessman who enjoys blogging in his spare time. He recommends Mouser UK to his readers.