Windows File Servers being a large pool of business sensitive crucial data it is mandatory for file system administrators to keep track of all the activities happened in File Servers environment including reading, editing, sharing, creating, renaming, deleting or moving, etc. to files, folders, permissions and shared resources.
Now the question arises that what is the need for performing File Server auditing. The answer to this question involves a number of reasons. File Server auditing helps preventing unauthorized access to critical business data and maintains file system environment safe and secure from changes made to files, folders, permissions, and shares. File system auditing can be done through native file system auditing but demands significant amount of efforts as file system logs get dispersed around having lot of non-useful information. The File system logs can be analyzed manually through Windows Event Viewer but that too requires significant amount of time. Thus, considering native file system auditing not a better option, a need arises for a prominent third-party tool to perform effective file system auditing.
A number of third-party solutions are available in the market nowadays for performing efficient File System auditing. They offer numerous beneficial features that help maintaining File system environment safe and secure. Perform real-time File Server auditing and generates various kinds of reports and instant alerts or notifications for all the changes made to Windows File Servers using prominent third-party tool LepideAuditor for File Server (LAFS). The software pro-actively tracks, audits, generates reports and instant real-time alerts for all the crucial changes made to File Server. Use the software and minimize risks associated with day-to-day modifications made to File Server.
What you can achieve using LepideAuditor for File Server?
LepideAuditor for File Server (LAFS) offers numerous benefits to File Server administrators. Some of them include:
- Have full control over all the changes made to File Servers.
- Instantly get detailed information on all the activities done by users and administrators related to File Server including Who made What changes, When, from Where and from Which workstation.
- Facilitates protection against changes made to most crucial files and folders or accidental deletion.
- Offers a centralized platform for managing, monitoring and auditing all File Server changes.
- Helps maintaining a safe and secure file system environment by generating comprehensive reports on all the changes made to files, folders, shares and permissions based on various parameters like date/time, File Server name, monitoring time, drive, directory, file name, file type, process and events.
- Allows archiving File Server audit data for longer period of time and assists meeting various industry-specific compliance standards like SOX, HIPAA, and PCI.
LepideAuditor for File Server completely removes need of performing native File Server auditing and offers numerous extra-ordinary features that make it a much better option for file server administrators. It acts as a centralized repository for managing and storing event logs for long period of time in order to fulfill industry-specific compliance standards and perform forensic analysis.