SugarSync is changing the way to use Online Backup, it’s the best for backing up & Syncing music, photos, movies, documents, anything…..
Using SugarSync’s 30GB plan for our review we found that the user interface is very easy to understand. Anyone should be able to figure out how it works just by looking at it which is good news since this process needs to be a no brainer.
Ok, so what is SugarSync exactly? Well it’s the first-ever solution that seamlessly synchronizes both Mac OS and Windows computers, mobile phones and online content.
It is built on the company’s patent-pending Universal Synchronization Platform, SugarSync’s powerful software-service combination gives people the best and most convenient way to keep digital media and files automatically in sync across multiple computers including Macs, backed up online and remotely accessible from their mobile phones or through any web browser of your choice. This is a first of it’s kind service, and badly needed.
SugarSync fills in many gaps in functionality and user experience left by contemporary backup solutions that don’t provide remote access and require individual subscriptions for multiple computers; remote access services which require a person’s primary computer to be online; mobile services which require manual file transfer over cables or storage cards; and traditional peer-to-peer synchronization solutions that require all devices to be connected at the same time and don’t address any of the increasingly important mobile use cases.
SugarSync overcomes all of these problems with a single solution designed from the ground up for simple “set-and-forget” synchronization.
SugarSync consists of five core components that work together automatically:
- Lightweight sync manager software for Macs and PCs that works in the background to automatically synchronize files across multiple computers and back them up online
- A personal, secure website, including a built-in photo gallery, that is automatically created and can be accessed through any web browser for remote access and sharing
- A mobile-optimized website that is automatically created for wireless access and sharing of files stored on any of a customer’s computers from any mobile web browser, with a special version for iPhones
- An optional mobile phone client application that synchronizes camera phone images (and other media types beginning this spring) with the customer’s personal website and all their computers; and enables them to access and share their entire digital photo collection wirelesses
- A universal contact list that stays in sync across all the customer’s devices and their personal website for sharing files and media
With SugarSync’s instantaneous multi-directional sync, changes made through the website are also made on designated folders on all of the user’s computers automatically, making the online experience seamlessly integrated with the on-device experience – the first-ever such comprehensive experience delivered for consumer media.
Need to stream your own music from anywhere? Well with SugarSync you can. Just upload all your MP3 files and be able to stream from any location you have an internet connection.
In addition to the personal website that can be accessed on any web-enabled phone, SugarSync includes client applications for Windows Mobile phones (version 5.0 and higher) and the BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, and 8800 series phones. These clients provide a fast, multi-way sync experience that synchronizes photos taken on a camera phone to the customer’s personal website and all the way to their computer hard drive.
Storage price (Monthly Subscription/Yearly Subscription)
- 30GB $4.99 month $49.99 year
- 60GB $9.99 month $99.99 year
- 100GB $14.99 month $149.99 year
- 250GB $24.99 month $249.99 year
- Business plans: Starting as low as $29.99 a month/$299.99 per year for a 100GB plan and up to 3 users.
• Syncs files across multiple computers & mobile devices. PC and Mac compatible
• Data access from any computer or smart phone
• Strong multimedia functionality
• Free account with 2 GB storage to get you started
• No unlimited storage plan
Of all the online backup services we tried, if all you want to do is protect the data on your PC from theft, hard drive failures, fire or any other kind of disaster, SugarSync is the cheapest and simplest way to do it.
Video reviews of SugarSync