There is a new freeware product that has just been released – MP3 Toolkit
From a press release:
Free Music Tools to Help Users Convert Audio, Rip Music CD, Edit MP3 Tags, Cut and Merge Audio Files
MP3Toolkit.com today introduced MP3 Toolkit, a powerful suite of free music editing tools, allowing users to convert between audio formats, rip CD disks, edit tags, cut and merge MP3 files and record MP3 from the mike. The application is distributed as freeware from http://www.mp3toolkit.com
The free MP3 Toolkit applications include:
– MP3 Converter lets the user convert one or more audio files to a format of choice which can be MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, AC3, AAC or AMR. In addition to the audio format, one can customize other settings such as bitrate, rate, audio channel and destination folder. Offering an intuitive interface and simple controls, MP3 Converter makes it remarkably easy to convert between audio formats.
– CD to MP3 Ripper is designed for anyone who wants to make backup copies of tracks from an audio disk. For this the application offers four audio formats and different options to customize the output. For example, if MP3 is selected as output, the user can choose bitrate, maximal VBR bitrate, encoding quality and destination folder. CD ripping is accurate and produces music files in brilliant quality.
– MP3 Tag Editor provides a handy interface to edit tags of an MP3 file. One can add or edit a song title, artist, album, year, comment and track number. Also it’s possible to define a file name format ([Artist] – [Title], [Title] – [Artist] and more), directory format ([Current Folder]\[Artist]\[Album]\) and enable additional file rename options (Append Bitrate to Filename, Append Mode to Filename).
– MP3 Merger is a simple tool for merging two audio files into one. All the user needs to do is select files in MP3, WAVE, FLAC or OGG, specify the output settings such as bitrate, rate, audio channel and output folder and start the process by clicking the Merge MP3 File Now button. For the convenience of the user, MP3 Merger offers a batch mode that enables merging multiple files in the fully unattended manner.
– MP3 Cutter lets the user cut an audio file to remove unnecessary parts. One may want to do this in many situations, for example, in order to make a custom ringtone for the smart phone. For this, it’s necessary to open a file in the application, select the start and end position during playback, and then click Save. The application allows customizing the output settings such as bitrate, rate and channels.
– MP3 Recorder is designed to help users to record any sound from the microphone to standard MP3 format without any limitation on length. Also it’s possible to record streaming audio provided that the sound card supports sound mixing. Again the user can select sample rate, bitrate and channels. To record an audio file, one needs to click the Start Recording button, and then click it again to stop recording.
System Requirements & Availability
MP3 Toolkit runs under Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003, VISTA and 7. The suite of applications is available as a free download from the product website: http://www.mp3toolkit.com