If you are having trouble seeing the information on your computer screen or it appears excessively blurry, it may be because your computer screen needs to be cleaned. Here are some tips on how to clean your computer screen.
- A piece of soft cloth
- A cleaner (this can be a monitor cleaning fluid, eyeglass cleaner or electrical appliance cleaner)
- Collect the items that you will use to clean your computer monitor. Normally, you will need a soft cloth and a cleaning dluid
- Ensure that your screen is turned off (disconnecting it from any power source is also recommended).
- If you are using a fluid product, spray a small amount directly onto the rag. For aerosol products, refer to the directions written on the can.
- Avoid spraying fluids in close proximity to the screen’s ventilation holes.
- Firmly wipe down the entire screen, and then use a dry rag (or a dry portion of your current rag) to thoroughly dry the screen.
- If your screen still appears dirty, repeat Steps Three to Five until your screen is clean.
- If the plastic around your screen is also dirty, you can use a plastic cleaner to thoroughly wipe it off.
Avoid traditional cleaning products made for glass and paper towels. Traditional glass cleaning products can leave streaks, while paper towels can leave dust.
If you are a cleaning a laptop screen, be sure to follow the instructions provided in your owner’s manual. Laptop screens are not made of glass, and if improperly cleaned, can be damaged to point of requiring a replacement.