Microsoft Press is very excited to announce that they are able to offer Security and Privacy for Microsoft Office 2010 Users (ISBN 9780735668836), by Mitch Tulloch, as a free ebook. You can download a free copy of the ebook from the Microsoft Download Center or purchase a print book for $9.99 here.
Take control—and put the built-in security and privacy features in Microsoft Office to work! Whether downloading documents, publishing a presentation, or collaborating online—this guide offers concise, how-to guidance and best practices to help protect your documents and your ideas.
• Get practical, proactive guidance for using the security and privacy management features in Office 2010 and Office 365
• Walk through everyday scenarios, and discover everyday techniques that help you take charge
• Understand common risks and learn best practices you can apply right away
Contents at a Glance:
Introduction Chapter 1 Why Should I Care?
· Hey, It’s Not My Responsibility!
· What’s My Role in This?
Chapter 2 Alice Downloads a Document
· Working with Protected View
· Danger Ahead
· Inside Protected View
· Configuring Protected View
· Exiting Protected View
· Other Triggers for Protected View
· Understanding Trust
· Trusted Documents
· Trusted Locations
Chapter 3 Bob Prepares a Policy
· Understanding Document Properties
· Working with Document Inspector
· Working with Digital Signatures
· What About Office 365?
Chapter 4 Carol Collaborates on Some Content
· Encrypting a Document
· Restricting Editing