The newest and most exiting feature in Windows 8 is definitely the Windows 8 Metro Start screen. Windows 8 geniuses have now found ways through which the Windows 8 Start screen can be customized. In this article I will cover this topic in a procedural manner.
Changing background and colour.
You can change the Windows 8 colour from the default light blue colour to a colour of your choice. To do this follow the following procedure.
- Open the Charms bar by either moving the mouse pointer into the top right corner of the screen or by pressing Windows Key + C.
- After doing this left click on the Settings Charm and select Change PC settings.
- In the window that appears click on Personalise option.
- On the right side click on Start Screen and select your most suitable background colour by dragging the slider.
Disabling/enabling live tiles.
Live tiles are the tiles that give live feed in news, sports, weather etc. You can disable/enable this by following a very simple procedure as stipulated below.
- Press Windows Key to head to the Metro Start Screen.
- Once here right click on a live tile you want to disable. Options will appear on the bottom side of the window among them Turn live tile off/Turn live tile on depending on whether you want to turn it on or off.
- Click on either of the two to either enable or disable the live tile feature.
Rescaling the tiles.
If you have been keen with the Windows 8 tiles you will have noticed that the tiles vary in size. Tiles such as Mail, Desktop and Sport are larger than others such as Internet Explorer and Store. A user can change tile size by following a very simple procedure as illustrated below.
- Right click on the tile and you will see Smaller/Larger option.
- Select your desired option to enlarge/ reduce the size of the tile.
Organizing tiles in your desired way
The Metro Start Screen allows you to organize the tiles in the way that you want them to appear. To do this left click on a tile and hold the left mouse button while moving the mouse. If you do this you will note group boundaries thus mix the applications in the way you want.
To rename the groups you have created:
- Press the Windows Key to enter the Metro Start Screen.
- Once there go ahead and hold Ctrl Key…while holding this key click on the minus (-) sign at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The applications groups created will be zoomed out and now right click on the application group you want to rename.
- An option of Name group will appear in the bottom left side of the window left click on it in order to name the group then click on Name.
- This names will appear on the Start Screen in the categories.
That is how to customize your Start Screen to fit your exact needs. Do this to make a start screen customised to your needs and specifications. Thanks for reading.
Liza John is an IT professional from Selftesttraining .Have you looked for this selftesttraining.com Assistance? Move ahead to get the benefit of Isqi Certifications and pass your exam easily.