Bring your own device is the latest trend to hit the corporate world and has really gained storm over the last few years. The reason for it to be such a hit lies in the capability of the concept to reduce the company’s expenditure. The other big positive going in favor of the BYOD is that the employees get to choose their own machine, giving them the freedom to pick something they are comfortable with and will enable them to work to their maximum potential.
The combination of BYOD and cloud is something that has been magnificent, quite unexpectedly. Not many could have predicted that this union would be such a success and would complement each other to this extent. Here I present 5 ways cloud is integral in enabling BYOD:
1. Safety Is Priority
- The biggest downturn in letting the workers take the device home is that someone else might use it. In a recent survey it was found that 55% of the people let someone else use their work machine.
- What this could lead to is the loss of critical data of the firm. So BYOD could result in a scenario which would put the company in a spot of bother.
- In a cloud, all the activities are carried out through the internet, saved and closed. No body carries the information with oneself, making it a very safe and secure working culture.
2. Make the Employees Cautious
- Boredom is a part of every job, accept that of a gamer, and the employees tend to indulge in activities which help them to recreate during the lull.
- In a cloud such activities can be effectively monitored and stopped. The IP addresses of the sites visited can be recorded, screen shots of the devices can be taken and firewall can be employed making it highly difficult for the minds to wander here and there during work time.
- Recent trend have shown that companies allow social networking during some hours to keep the interest levels high and make sure that boredom does not get to the head of the employee.
3. Save The Dime
- Both cloud hosti
ng and BYOD cuts the cost outlay of the firm. Using servers that are on-premise along with the BYOD concept does not makes sense, as on one hand you are reducing costs and on the other hand you are spending incessantly.
- The layout on the maintenance also goes out of the window as the employee is himself responsible for all the up gradation and repairs of the device giving companies a welcome respite.
4. Integration Problems Are Gone For Good
- The variety of products on offer these days is nothing short of humongous. In such a scenario it is difficult for the IT team to integrate every employer’s device with the database of the firm.
- But the integration with the cloud is very hassle free. The quest for solution to the issue of fragmentation has been going on for a while now. And it seems that cloud has provided that quest a timely end as cloud possess every power needed to neutralize fragmentation.
5. It Team Says Gracias
- In most of the organizations IT team just troubleshoots for other employees. They are not able to devise strategies that would help company achieve its ambitions in less time and with less energy.
- With the collaboration of cloud and BYOD the IT team is able to do just that. The hosts provide 24×7 support which helps out the people who are in a muddle and the employees are themselves responsible for the maintenance of the equipment.
- The installation of patches and software is also something which IT guys does not have to do anymore which is a very laborious job consuming up lot of IT resources.
The combination of cloud and BYOD is a splendid one to behold and is providing a vast array of capabilities that companies can make do with.
Josephine Clark is a Cloud and Mobile Technology enthusiast and an avid writer. Other than working at QuickBooksCloudHosting DotNet, she actively participates in various forum discussions, writing blogs and articles on topics like latest mobile apps, updates of Operating systems, Cloud hosting services such as QuickBooks hosting, etc