The newest Internet security software by Bitdefender Antivirus promises “enhanced silent security”. The purpose of this antivirus security? To eliminate interruptions, configuring, and pop-ups, all in one fell swoop.
Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 is designed to integrate anti-spam, antivirus, anti-phishing, firewall, and parental controls into one software program. In addition, the program will protect social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter from harmful links and breaches of security.
For most people, this last point alone is a big selling feature. How many of us have had to spend hours doing damage control or recreating a new Facebook account because it was hacked by some random person who clogged our newsfeed with links to their viral video?
Bitdefender Features at a Glance
- Protects against identity theft attempts.
- Blocks spam, spyware, and viruses.
- Protects kids with advanced parental controls.
- Filters harmful links from social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter).
- Serves as a firewall to protect your Internet connection.
How Bitdefender Works
At its most basic level, Bitdefender focuses on both live and virtual threat detection and can also provide the same security in cloud-based services. The program will monitor the behaviors of different processes running on a computer at any given time to detect both new and unknown threats from viruses.
In the event of a security breach, Bitdefender offers Rescue Mode as a new feature. It will quickly and safely reboot your computer in a trusted environment for the purpose of speedy restoration with minimal to no damage.
When it comes to Internet usage, Bitdefender has also integrated a new virtualized browser. An isolated browser will be provided within an operating system to block any potential threats online, including pop-ups. Bitdefender will monitor all Internet connections in a two-way firewall setting, which will prevent any third parties from accessing your Wi-Fi connection without your permission.
Another new feature provided by the program is advanced social network protection. By using Bitdefender, you will be able to protect yourself and your friends in social networks from online threats that attempt to hack and spread viruses through social media. All links that you receive directly from friends via Twitter and Facebook will be filtered and monitored through your privacy settings.
Last but not least, if you’re worried or intimidated by the security processes used in this program, the good news is that the software was built with a user-friendly autopilot feature. All security-related decisions will be automatically made by Bitdefender for your protection online without requiring constant input from you.
Customers Weigh In
So what do actual customers have to say about the Internet protection software? A quick visit to Amazon.com resulted in these select quotes:
- “I am doing computer repair repair business in Norfolk VA (…) I have been trying almost all virus protection software on market for several years.
Installation is very easy and it has auto pilot mode which means you don’t need professional help for setup and installation.
I am really much happier using latest Bitdefender product with no problem. I always recommend it to my clients”
- “I have used Bitdefender for years now. I tried Norton and it slowed my computer, McAfee was expensive and bland, I tried PcCillin and it blocked many programs without warning and I tried several others with varying degrees of success and expense and then I found Bitdefender which seems to run seamlessly in the background and always warns me before blocking anything that I might be working on..”
- “Bitdefender is awesome…”
Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 in the news: