Microsoft Word is a word-processing program which helps you write and organise documents efficiently and which allows you to work easily with others.
The latest version – Microsoft Word 2010 – comes as part of the Microsoft Office 2010 package. Microsoft Office student offers are available online from reputable software resellers and give incredible discounts on software for pupils.
Here are just 5 ways that this latest version of Word 2010 can make you more productive:
- Work in Word from virtually anywhere – Access Word in your browser and on your mobile phone! With the ability to access your information from more places, your ideas, projects etc can still be done even when you’re not at your desk. Microsoft Word Web App is an online companion to Microsoft Word which allows you to edit your documents in a Web browser when you’re away from your desk, without compromising on quality.
- Working together on a project is something all students encounter at some stage on their course. Word 2010 helps you work together more successfully and without having to wait your turn. Its co-authoring capabilities mean that you can edit documents and share ideas with your colleagues at the same time and in other locations. You can also communicate instantly with others as you work.
- Create visually compelling documents more easily – Word 2010 has many new and improved tools which provide artistic effects for both pictures and text. New picture-editing tools enable you to add special effects without using additional photo-editing software, enabling you to turn a simple document into a work of art.
- With Word 2010 you can locate information faster and easier using the improved Navigation Pane and Find tools. Now you can view a summary of search results in a single pane, and click to access any individual result. A visual outline of your document means you can browse and find what you want quickly and easily.
- Recover unsaved work – Have you ever spent hours on a document only to accidentally close it without saving? Now, in Word 2010, you can recover draft versions of recently edited files quickly and easily, even if you forgot to save the document.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 is available to students and teachers at specially discounted rates – often with savings of up to 90% – as cheap as £37.89 inc VAT . The package includes Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Publisher 2010, Outlook with Business Contact Manager 2010, OneNote 2010, Access 2010, InfoPath 2010, SharePoint Workspace and Lync.