Do you want to reformat your computer and reinstall Windows Vista? Are there instances when you’re computer becomes so badly affected with multiple trojan viruses that the only option you can think of is to reformat your PC and reinstall the operating system? If so, we can guide you on reformatting your disk and reinstalling the OS, just in case you don’t know how.
Reformatting a disk and reinstalling operating system is just easy, you don’t have to call and waste money for technician because you can do it yourself. Here’s how to reformat a computer and also how to reinstall the Operating System specifically Windows Vista.
Note: Before you attempt to reformat your PC, make sure to back-up all of your important files. Also make sure that you have the right driver for the hardwares of your PC for it to function properly after you’ve reinstalled the operating system.
- Turn on your PC and while it is booting keep pressing DEL or F2 on your keyboard. Once you are in the BIOS Setup, go to Boot Option and change the start-up sequence. We have to set the CD/DVD as the first Boot. You may follow this sequence: CD/DVD ROM, Removable Devices, Hard Drive, Network Boot.
- Now, insert the Microsoft Vista installation CD in CD/DVD ROM.
- Press F10 to save the changes and exit BIOS setup. (Your PC will restart.)
- While the computer is booting, wait for the “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” message and when you see it press any key.
- Installation window will appear, select the language, time, currency format and keyboard input method.
- Another window will appear, just click the “INSTALL NOW” button to continue the installation.
- Now enter the product key. The product key can be found on the packaging. You may also choose the “Automatically Activate OS When I’m Online”, If you do, the operating system will check using activation wizard to see if your product is valid within 30 days of installation.
- The next option will be the type of installation. Choose the “Custom Installation” since we’re doing clean installation of the operating system.
- Now choose the disk or partition where you want to install the operating system. Make sure to choose the right disk or partition before doing the next step.
- Now, click the Drive Option to show the “Format” and “New” buttons. “New” button is used when you want to create new partition.
- Click the “Format” button and wait for a few minutes.
- When it finished formatting, click the “Next” button to continue with OS installation. Its just a matter of waiting as OS goes through the install motions. Your PC will restart several times. Installation can take from 30 minutes or over an hour depending on the speed of your PC.
After the installation make sure to install the driver for your hardware such as motherboard, video card, sound card, and printer. Also never forget to install a reliable antivirus for your PC’s protection.
That’s how easy to reformat a PC and reinstall Microsoft Windows Vista. When Reinstalling other OS such as Millenium Edition, XP and the latest Windows 7, you may also follow this guide from step 1 to step 4 then just follow the instruction given in the installation Window.